Like a number of things in life - that's a 64 million dollar question :)
- You need a Domain name
- You need annual website hosting
- You need to have your website created
- You need to maintain it in an ongoing capacity
- You may need some search engine optimisation
- So those are just the starters.
But lets look a little further. Asking how much to ahve a website built is like asking how long is a piece of string - for a number of reasons:
As Web Developers at Miniwebs, before we can provide you with an estimate, or even a comprehensive quote, we need to know about:
Whether you already hold or wish to buy a new domain name
Wthere you already have a hosting account or whether Miniwebs needs to set one up for you.
- What platform might you prefer - if any, eg Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal
- What features you might like
- Events calendar
- Image Gallery / Galleries - how many images
- Logo creation
- How many emails you want configured/set up
- What level of Search Engine Optimisation needs to be included
- Preferred Colours
- Any preferred fonts
- Other websites you like the look of
- How many pages do you anticipate
- Is this to be an online shopping cart - how many products - what payment and delivery methods
- Are there lots of documents to be up/downloaded
- What Menu items / sub-menu items you can think of
- Do you have social media to link to
- Do you have any testimonials
Some of our clients just have a single page with their client information available for easy contact (approx $1000 - $1500) - others have large shopping carts. ($5000....)
But a lot of small business website fit somewhere in between those two.
But whichever way you might like to go, we'd love to provde you with a more definitive quote - you'll just need to put some time aside to answer some questions and we'd love to help.