Miniwebs - Our Services
Miniwebs is not a huge corporate company out there to remove you of thousands of dollars to get your small business website up and running. Miniwebs has been in business nearly 15 years simply helping small businesses just like our own, with all their online needs. No, it's not a cheap exercise, but we do our utmost to provide an economical service to you, our customer, by doing all those things which may seem daunting to you.
Shown below are commonsense, plain speaking (we hope) services we provide that will get the online component of your business up and running. Please call and talk to Brenda, (07 3804 1891) the owner of Miniwebs - leave a message if you can't get hold of her and you will get a response within a few hours in most cases.
Have a look at our past projects over the years. They are many and varied but every client wants something different and sometimes very specific. You'll also see websites we built many years ago that are not responsive to all the devices we use today - that's yet another new technology that is now built into all our website builds.
Our Website Design Services include building new websites using any of Drupal, Joomla or Wordpress. If you are not sure what those are, no problem, they are what we call Content Management Systems - frameworks that enable you to login from any computer and make your own website changes as you need.
Here at Miniwebs, our preferred method of Website Creation is to use Joomla.
Website upgrades are becoming a requirement now for many small business, if your website was built anything more than 3 - 4 years ago, it could almost be classed as 'old technology'. Wesite upgrades can make your website fresh and modern, as well as being more mobile-friendly. In today's world of technology, changes are happening before we know it and it's a never-ending learning curve to keep up with everything 'latest'.
Websites today need to be viewed on all devices ranging from the smaller smartphones to tablets and desktops then on to large widescreen monitors. Not so long ago, web developers needed to create an independent website for viewing on mobile phones.
Using today's technology, one website can be created to be 'RESPONSIVE/MOBILE-FRIENDLY' for whichever device it is used on. More and more people are using smartphones to view the web nowadays and if your website is not responsive to those needs, your website visitor may very well just go somewhere else.
So ..... yes, we build websites. Yes, we ensure they have responsive/mobile features. Yes, we can use your logos, colours, fonts, images.
A quick look at some of our latest projects:
Brooks Designer Homes
Fire Pro QLD
Beenleigh Bowls Club
Windaroo Lakes Golf Club
Beautiful Budget Boquets
Simply the Best Carpet Cleaning
Bath Chip Repair Services
Bathrooms 2 U
Edwards Auto Repairs
Gainsborough Greens Golf Club
Greengauge Bowling Greens
Made & Fitted Joinery
Modern Colour Spraying
Planning 4 Design
Premier Window Tinting
Pine Rivers Koala Care
St George Animal Hospital
Slacks Creek Brake & Clutch
Smart Energy Systems
The Spacer Compnay
The Workwear Shed
Tilers & Trade Shop
Trissana Ski Lodge
Website Hosting is the provision of online 'space' to place your website with all it's files, images and documents so that your information is available to any website visitor. A website hosting service can also host your email accounts and the flow through of that 'traffic'.
It DOES cost money to have your website 'hosted' - similar to a phone company charging you monthly phone rental, your web hosting provider will charge you hosting fees either monthly, 3 or 6 monthly or most likely, annually.
Miniwebs has different levels of website hosting available,
- A 'Simple' hosting account for a small website which will use little data and low website visitors every month.
- A 'Personal' hosting account - perfect for someone with just 2 or 3 pages and not expecting a multitude of email. All email dat is counted towards bandwidth and data quotas.
- A 'Business' hosting account - this is by far our most popular account as it suits small business, has allowance for 10GB of data and plenty of bandwidth per month for any small business.
- An 'Enterprise' hosting account - ideal for a small business with a shopping cart, or where there are a number of email accounts in use, there will be a regular number of website visitors scrolling through the website/loggin in and out and data files are added regularly.
Please note than when considering a Hosting package, your email data IS included in your full data Disk Space allowance. eg If you were to receive a number of 3-4mB emails and not delete them when no longer required, a 'Simple' or 'Personal' Hosting account could fill up fairly quickly.
(All prices GST inclusive)
|Annual Fee||$ 110.00||$176.00||$231.00||$330.00||$110.00|
|Disk Space (includes email data)||1GB||2GB||10GB||20GB||1GB/Email Acct|
|Monthly Bandwidth||1GB||2GB||10GB||20GB||5GB total|
|24/7 Email Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
With the recent growth in social media and mobile devices over the past number of years, traditional websites may seem passé and maybe even a bit quaint and antiquated. But for most businesses they remain their primary online presence.
Given that, a modern, well designed, easy-to-use and easy-to-manage website is critical to establishing and maintaining a strong brand for both commercial and non-commercial entities. Unfortunately, however, many websites don’t serve their intended purposes as well as they could or should, especially if they have been around a long time.
With the advances that have been made in web design tools (especially content management systems) in the past few years, it’s hard to justify having a site that looks like it was built in 2004 – or worse yet, 1994. Even a site with a 2009 or more recent vintage is probably due for an upgrade.
Lately it seems website upgrades are on a lot of people’s minds. Here's a link to a page that gives you "10 Signs Your Website Needs an Update" and why you need that update. Or this one "25 reasons your website needs an upgrade".
- It's not Mobile Optimised
- Still uses Flash technology
- You're not being found on Search Engines
- Your Bounce Rate is off the charts
- Your website design is 'so 2009'
- You lose visitors because the site is slow
- Site Navigation means there is no 'flow' within your site pages.
- You can't edit your own site
- You're afraid to share your website
Website Upgrades: What you need to know
- Depending on the way your site was created and how long ago, it may not need to be fully rebuilt from scratch. On the other hand it 'MAY' need to be rebuilt from scratch. We can advise on whether or not this might be required.
- If one of your goals is to have the site maintained (at least in part) by people without strong technical skills, you can very likely do this yourself or with one of your team, by having your site rebuilt using a Content Management System - either Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal. With WordPress, Drupal and Joomla, there are countless free and low-cost themes and plugins available that will enable you to create the functionality you need/want.
- Responsive design is a must. Most businesses don’t need a mobile app, and they don’t need to create mobile versions of their websites. If you use responsive design, the site should work on a range of devices and environments.
- Once your site has been upgraded/rebuilt, ou should stay current with different versions of the underlying software - you may need ongoing support to do this, we will advise you of ongoing costs/requirements associated with any new site upgrade.
- Maximum browser compatibility
- Clear navigation options, with menu capabilities in both the header and footer
- Social network integration - are your Facebook, Twitter, Google + links all included.
A new Content Management System will allow you to make your own editing changes with a simple username and password login. Some training may be required for you to do this yourself.
Once you’ve completed the initial upgrade you may find that it’s good to have elements that enable you to expand and further enhance your web presence. Extra features can be included by the use of plugins or modules. Many of these are free but some of the better ones do incur a small charge.
Miniwebs can act as your development partner and guide. Unless you have a web developer on staff, you’re likely to outsource much of your work and maintenance. The more complex your site is, and the more you want to do with it, the more important it is to treat the upgrade as an investment rather than an expense. That means your priority should be to DIR (Do It Right) rather than DIC (Do It Cheap). Remember that your online presence is at least as important – and in many cases, more important – than your physical presence, so treat it with the respect it deserves.
What is a Domain Name? A Domain Name is your online address and is where someone might go to 'find you'.
Like your home address, it is unique to you, no-one else can have the same domain name although the 'ending' or "TLD" of your domain eg .com.au, .com, etc can be used by another party if you do not own it.
Your domain name should be:
- Similar to your business name and/or brand where possible
- Short and easy to spell (So others can recall it easily)
For Australian companies the ideal domain name will usually be a .com.au or .com.
Looking for a Domain Name?
Want to Buy a Domain Name?
Know what you want? Click here to purchase a Domain Name.
Maintaining your website is hard work!! You know how to run your business - let us take care of your website - it's what WE do best! Many of our clients spend countless hours trying to manage their website and end up calling us to help out. If that phone call had been the first option, the frustration may never have taken place and the problem solved in a much shorter time.
Maintaining your website can be a daily practice, something that's done weekly, monthly or as required.
Whichever you have been doing, it is vitally important (like that car service) that your website is backed up, security loopholes blocked, hacking attempts stopped etc, and kept maintained and updated to ensure it continues to function as you need.
Not maintaining your website is like waiting for it to crash - YOU MUST GET SOMEONE TO KEEP IT BACKED UP AND UP TO DATE!.
Miniwebs provides Basic Search Engine Optimisation with all websites we build. This includes input of Meta Data information including Site Descriptions, Keywords and Phrases, Page Titles, Google Analytics account set up with monthly report, Google site verification, Sitemaps, internal page links, heading tags.
N.B. These features do not carry any guarantee of your placement in search engines. SEO itself is a HUGE field and very competitive nowadays. Monthly ongoing work is needed by front and back end users to keep content, blogs, links, Adwords etc active.
The basics as described will set your website in a position to at least have the 'basics' in place, something all websites should work towards.
For comprehensive Search Engine optimisation there are numerous companies specialising in this area and we suggest you do further research to source a company to suit your purposes.